Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Day 3

I would love to tell you that I've been diligently working, getting all sorts of projects finished.  I DID get all our homeschool materials unpacked and organized yesterday.  It took ALL DAY but I had great company so I didn't mind so much.

Today, I did nothing.  Zip.  Zilch. Nada.  It's my sister's birthday today so the kids and I went shopping for gifts and then met Rachel and Chris at the Totem for brunch.  My pregnant self is perpetually indecisive so I ordered two breakfasts under the guise of feeding one to Liberty.  I ate a little of both.

When we got home in the afternoon I tried unsuccessfully to take a nap.  The little stinkers were tag teaming me.  No nap today.  But I did get to lay in bed for a little while and relax.  I'm not going to lie and say it was as good as a nap.  It wasn't.  But, it's what I was given so I took it.

Now on to the fun stuff!!!!  I bathed the kids and got them ready for bed (Yes, right after nap time LOL) and then I fed them....Are you ready for this?.....Bananas, yogurt, and a half a brownie for dinner.  They're pretty sure they're in heaven!

After "dinner" we got busy putting the caterpillars we got in the mail the other day into their individual containers.  We do this every year.  We order a classroom refill kit from insectlore.com as well as a praying mantis egg case.  Usually we get more but we ran out of school allotment this year for the first time ever!  So here's the pics...............

Israel and James Michael getting ready to make caterpillar homes.


Mashing down the food in the bottom of the cup to keep the caterpillar from getting lodged underneath.

James Michael helps Israel re-locate a caterpillar.

James Michael makes a new friend.  He named him Iron Man.  Israel, who has recently been nick-named Echo also named his Iron Man.  Can you guess why we call him Echo?

James Michael and Israel playing with their new buddies!

Liberty helped too, of course.  She was in her high chair rubbing yogurt in her freshly washed hair.  Nice Kid.



1 comment: