Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Day 1

So, yesterday was the first full day with just the Littles (and Sydney ;)  ).  I said in my previous post that I had assigned myself given chores for the week to dig myself out of the neglected areas of the house.
Day 1's chore was the pantry.  I always hate cleaning out the pantry.  It's kinda like cleaning out the fridge.  Now I know how much food I DON'T have! LOL
The red writing  is my Anchorage shopping list.  The black is our chore chart.  The blue is items I am on the search for at garage sales this summer.  (All are dry erase)

With my "chore" done I got to do stuff I wanted to do for the rest of the day.  I painted the cabinet Husband built me for our double oven.


Notice how the color is lighter than the drawers?  It's supposed to be the same.  I'm not thrilled but it still matches so I guess it stays.  The flash on the camera made it MORE noticeable so it's really not as bad as it looks.  Just more purple than black.

Next, I was going to finish painting the hutch but I took a nap while the children were napping instead.  The boys wanted to have a fire and it was a LOVELY day so we roasted hotdogs for dinner.  I did discover a major unforeseen downfall to not having any big kids at home.....I had to load my own groceries into the car at the store.  Yes, I am THAT spoiled!

1 comment:

  1. I like the cabinets! And I would LOVE to have a pantry like that. :)

    ReplyDelete