Tuesday, May 1, 2012

And so it Begins.

A blog.  Can  I just say right here, right now that I have NO IDEA what I'm doing.  I don't know how to make this thing pretty or add cute little buttons.  In fact, it took me an hour and a half just to name it and figure out how to get an URL.  LOL.  If you're looking for a literary stroke of genius or at least something with vocabulary that exceeds a fifth grade reading level, you've come to the wrong place.  I write in much the same fashion as I think.  Scattered, my mind constantly running from this place to the next.  I use a lot of ... (Did you know those three little dots have a name?  I learned it in 2nd grade the other day.  They're called Ellipsis.)  By the way, I'm not in 2nd grade.  But I homeschool grades 12, 8,7,5,2, and K. 

I'm excited to share my family with you and I can't wait to post my first "real" post.

12 comments:

  1. yay I got to give the first comment! I find your life very entertaining I enjoy what you write and I love the glitter exp. you had today was great.lol those young one keep you hopping and such a blessing.since those days are past for me with the exceptions of all my grand babies. I love hearing moms stories of their day reminds me of my time with my 3girls they were great and are awesome women now! ok I am going on better go now .have fun with your new blog =)
    '

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to read more of your posts Heather !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather, there's an option in the set-up to allow folks to get notices of your posts via email. I love using this with a few blogs I follow. The only drawback is that comments need to be made directly on the blog, not via the email. That's not a big deal, though, because you can click on the blog from the email. Anyway, let me know if you add this option.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Options? Whoa, nelly! Uhhhh. I tried some last night and well, I don't see anything different. Do you? LOL I'll keep trying! Someday, this will be a blog worth reading AND looking at!

      Delete
  4. I look forward to getting to know you as well!! :) I'll try and visit often. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for letting us know about your blog! I love Pinterest, too, but only recently started looking at it on a real monitor instead of my phone (it's better on the monitor).

    Btw... it's called *an* ellipsis. And two of them are called ellipses.

    I only tell you this because English is pretty much my favorite subject.

    I should be English Nerd Mommy ... or something like that.

    Sorry for the bore.

    I hope you share what it's like to live in Alaska and post a lot of pictures. It is one of the few places I really want to visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha! You should meet my sister! She was telling me all about my mistakes today! LOL I told her, "That's why I started with a disclaimer!" Thanks for the idea of sharing a little of Alaska with you. I don't even think about others wanting to read about THAT!

      Delete
  6. And in case you don't know who I am (I realized after having to sign in with Google), I'm Marci from MOMYS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello and welcome to blogging. I haven't updated my blog in a month. woops! Look forward to reading and getting a peak into your life.

    ~TammyTE

    ReplyDelete