Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Random Thoughts and Happenings.....

Libby Jane escaped from her crib for the first time today.....She's 16 1/2 months old.  Is that supposed to happen already?

James Michael and Iz helped me make rhubarb crisp today.  It started when James asked me to go on a walk with him.  His request was immediately followed by adorable, pleading eyes and "Please say YES".  How could I say no?  Especially when he's been especially Dennis the Menace/Tigger-ish lately.  I know all he did was ask me to go for a walk, but what I heard was "Mommy, you've been so sick, I've missed you.  I need your attention."  We held hands as we walked to the top of the driveway and back (We don't live in the city...it's a long driveway)  He wanted to go throw rocks over a valley near our house but I told him I didn't think I could make it that far.  He offered to carry me. 

On the way home we stopped at the garden box and decided to harvest the rhubarb.  He was so excited that I let him do ALL the cutting!  We fed the leaves to the chickens and made our way to the house, stopping to show Daddy our bountiful harvest.  Israel wanted to get in on the action too and was a little put out that I was making him put clothes on and wash his hands before helping.  He's been practicing standing up while peeing and had "mis-calculated" a while before and was hence, running around naked.  He was kind enough to take his clothing to the dirty laundry for me.

Tonight, while James and Iz were going potty before bed I heard a loud sound (like someone dropping a toilet seat) and then I heard James say, "Ow...that really hurt.  Israel, will you pray for me so I can get better?"  And Israel quoted his patented bedtime prayer.  It was so sweet.

I've been sick.  A lot sick.  I never get sick.  I'm the one who takes care of everyone else when THEY'RE sick.  How did this happen?  On Sunday I took a 7 hour nap.  Joslyn has been praying for me at every meal and at bedtime.  The Bigs have been so great to help me out but you can tell by attitudes that Mommy just hasn't been all there.  Tensions are running high.  I'm hoping tomorrow I'll be back at it again.  There's two weeks worth of laundry that needs folding!! 

Oh, and one of my freezers died today so I had to transfer everything to the other freezer.  Good thing we are at the VERY END of the cow we bought or it wouldn't have all fit!

And with that, Friends, I am off to bed.

P.S.  I want to add that today someone asked when I'm due and I got to say, "Next month".  Do you have any idea how awesome that is?  I've been dreaming of this day.  "Next month" sounds so much sooner than "6 weeks", don't you think?

1 comment:

  1. Your kids are so sweet Heather!!
    I'm sorry you've been so sick, I will pray that you feel great and get all that laundry folded!!

    Blessing from down under to the top of the world :-)

    Cassandra xx

    ReplyDelete