Tuesday, November 20, 2012

When Life Hands You Puke....

I shared this on my FaceBook page this evening and I thought it might bless some of you as well.  Have a wonderful evening!

Today has been a rough day. The kids are tired from puking all night. Mommy's tired from the kids puking all night There's puke on blankets and pillows. The washer is broken. My head is pounding from lack of sleep. Someone fell asleep on my bed and peed on it. Did I mention the washer is broken? But then I think of my friend whose tiny 1 pound baby is fighting for his life. A local house fire. A friend whose husband has cancer. A local woman and children who lost their daddy last week. And then I think....Puke? I can do puke. I can do a broken washer. A headache is at the very least a minor annoyance. Habukuk 3:17-18 says "Even though I'm broke and my kids are sick and my shirt smells like baby puke...I WILL STILL PRAISE YOU." (Heather version) I praise God for living children. I praise God for waterproof mattress covers. I praise God for good friends with washers. I praise God for soup stock I put in the freezer months ago. I praise God for older children to help when I need a nap. Perspective. Can't you find something to praise God for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment